Re: Its official MD Board of Engineers doesn't care

Jeff
You need to seek an opinion from the State Attorney General to find out if
this proctice constitute a violation of the professional Engineers Act.  In
California, that has been determined but I can tell for sure, some public
agencies totally ignore that by relying on ICBO certification for their
plan check staff.
Samir Ghosn, PE
Harris & Associates.
 At 12:45 PM 10/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>The Maryland Board of Engineers states that is will not "monitor the
actions of local building officials".

>Here in MD apparently city and county government employees can do there
own engineering without being an engineer or working under a engineer.
Several examples of this recently went before the Board with no action taken.

>Does anyone have any examples of how other states or boards deals with
regulating actions of the "non"licensed government employees?

>Is there any recourse to block county employees form sizing beams and
making it there own business to decide if items outside of the code's
prescriptive design?

>This really burns me up, the board is a paper tiger made up of mostly
non-engineers they seam to only want to pile on when other states punish
someone and I am not sure if they even have a investigation board.