From: Peieng5590(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Peieng5590(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 9:45 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Its official MD Board of Engineers doesn't care

The Maryland Board of Engineers states that is will not "monitor the actions
of local building officials".

Here in MD apparently city and county government employees can do there own
engineering without being an engineer or working under a engineer.  Several
examples of this recently went before the Board with no action taken.

Does anyone have any examples of how other states or boards deals with
regulating actions of the "non"licensed government employees?

Is there any recourse to block county employees form sizing beams and making
it there own business to decide if items outside of the code's prescriptive
design?

This really burns me up, the board is a paper tiger made up of mostly
non-engineers they seam to only want to pile on when other states punish
someone and I am not sure if they even have a investigation board.

Any help?

Jeff Fertich PE
Gettysburg, PA