Cut & Replace Existing Slab on Grade

We need to cut and remove a portion of an existing slab on grade.  Normally
(around here anyway), slab on grade is 4" concrete over 2" sand over plastic
membrane over 2" sand.  Can anyone suggest how to replace the slab on grade
and maintain moisture protection?  Thanks.

Jeff Coronado, S.E.
West Covina, CA