Re: Non-PE's Practicing Engineering, Does This Happen In Your State?

Eric,

Keep in mind that this also has a LOT to do with how the PE (or SE) Act is
written in your state.  In many states, residentail structures are
exempted from having to be "designed" by a licensed professional (PE,
architect, SE, etc).  This is certianly true here in Michigan.  The
professional licensing act here states that any residential structure
under 3500 sq. ft. DOES NOT need to be designed by an architect or a PE.

I will be the first to admit that this is stupid in my opinion, but that
is the way it is!

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI