Re: Stainless Steel Prop.

>Does anyone know the yield strength of A304 and A316 stainless steel?
I think you mean type 304  and type 316. Typical purchase specifications
are ASTM A-479 tp 304  and tp 316 for bars and ASTM A-240 gr 304 and gr
316 for plate. There are others but these are the most common. the yield
strength of both is 30 ksi in the annealed condition UTS is 75 ksi. You
can find strain hardened 304 and 316, but you need to order what you
want. Strain hardened material is loses strength upon welding. work
hardening is the only way to improve the strength--it doesn't heat trreat
like carbon steel.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw