Re: Masonry Shear walls

I would like to recommend to you Robert R. Schneider & Walter L. Dickey's book Reinforced Masonry Design III edition. You will find this book is an excellent text book if you want to learn structural masonry design. Also have shear wall design covered. A must have for the structural engineer designing with masonry.

From: "Terry Triest" <tatriest(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com>
To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Masonry Shear walls
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:39:46 -0400

This question pertains to CMU walls used for back-up to masonry brick.
How much capacity does CMU back-up distribute to the structural frame?

Does anyone have information on the testing of this assembly?

I use RAM and was wondering if (how much) I can rely on the CMU for lateral
resistance.

Terry Triest, EIT
Structural Engineer
P: 814-940-4041