SE Exam

Title: SE Exam

Well, Friday is my CA SE exam (1st attempt) and I have been too busy to study enough (8 hours total prior to today UGGGHHH!)

Anyway, on the board website, they list CBC Vol I as a required resource for the exam. I dont have a copy of it nor do I have a copy of UBC Vol I, both of which are mostly non-structural code requirements. When I have used Vol I for structural, it was to look up the occupancy type of a structure because it can impact certain seismic criteria (i.e. importance factors etc).

What are some other issues that are common in Vol I that could impact a structural design of specific elements. I would guess that there are some fire-related items and maybe something on quality control? If anyone could list some sections of VOL I they occasionally need to refer to properly design a structure or element of a structure, I would appreciate it they could share it with me. Id rather not have to go spend another 150 bucks on a reference after spending over 500 dollars already in prepping for this test.

Good luck to any fellow test takers out there and to those taking the PE this weekend.

Thanks,

-gerard