RE: SE Exam

Title: SE Exam
Chapter 14 covers veneer anchorage.
-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard Madden, PE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)attbi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 11:48 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SE Exam

Well, Friday is my CA SE exam (1st attempt) and I have been too busy to study enough... (8 hours total prior to today - UGGGHHH!)

Anyway, on the board website, they list CBC Vol I as a required resource for the exam. I don't have a copy of it nor do I have a copy of UBC Vol I, both of which are mostly non-structural code requirements. When I have used Vol I for structural, it was to look up the occupancy type of a structure because it can impact certain seismic criteria (i.e. importance factors etc...).

What are some other issues that are common in Vol I that could impact a structural design of specific elements. I would guess that there are some fire-related items and maybe something on quality control? If anyone could list some sections of VOL I they occasionally need to refer to properly design a structure or element of a structure, I would appreciate it they could share it with me. I'd rather not have to go spend another 150 bucks on a reference after spending over 500 dollars already in "prepping" for this test.

Good luck to any fellow test takers out there and to those taking the PE this weekend.

Thanks,

-gerard