RE: Stainless Steel Prop.

>I use 42 ksi yield and specify using ASTM A276 Type 304 or 316 depending
>on corrosion resistance required.
A-276 specifies two grades. Grade A has a yield strength of 30 ksi for
bars greater than 1/2 inch and 45 ksi for thinner stock. Conditions S and
B are strain hardened and the yield strength varies from 45 to 100 ksi
depending on the thickness. Extrusions and low carbon grades have yield
strengths of 25 ksi.

A-276 covers more than a dozen types and grades. You might want to review
ASTM A-276 so you'll know how to make sure you're getting what you need.

>ASTM A276 is for bars and shapes. A479 and A240 are plates for things pressure
> vessels.
Typically for welded construction--these materials are supplied annealed.
A-479 is in fact a spec for bar stock and includes bar cut from plate.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw