From: mredling(--nospam--at)degenkolb.com [mailto:mredling(--nospam--at)degenkolb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 8:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re:Unbonded braces

We have used unbonded braces from the Nippon Steel Co.  I believe that
they
were patented in both Japan and the US.  I think that recreating the
system
would be a difficult task and you would not have the testing data to
support it's behavior.  Also, recreating any product based on someone
else's design might put you in violation of any number of patents.

HTH.

Mark J. Redlinger
Degenkolb Engineers
620 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 1100