Concrete Special Moment Frame

 Just a quick question.

I'm studying for the NCEES Structural II exam.  I have never done any special moment frames in concrete.  I have been reviewing the example given in the book Seismic Design of Buildings and Bridges (Alan Williams).  At the top of page 279 the author has calculated the design moment strength of the beam as 582 k-ft and has called that value the sum of Mg.  Since the column used in the example is an interior column, and there are beams both sides of the column, wouldn't the sum of Mg be 2 X 582 k-ft?

Thanks in advance for any help given, and good luck to all others taking exams this week.

Joseph R. Grill, PE