Re: Flag Pole Footings.

Are you sure you want to use the 2x increase factor if these "poles" are
supporting a residence?  The resulting deflections might not be acceptable
despite the footnote in Table 18-I-A about not being "adversely affected."
Can you tie the base of the poles togefther a ground level with a grid of
intersecting grade beams thereby achieving a restrained condition & utilize
the corresponding Eq.6-2 ?  It wouldn't be a bad idea on many counts.  As
you've found out (as have we all), Eq.6-1 gives some very large required
depths of piers!

Ephraim G. Hirsch, SE