From: KEVIN THOMPSON [mailto:kevinmatthewthompson(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 3:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Ground Snow Loads

I am a graduate student at the University of Idaho in structures and am
currently doing research on snow loads for the entire state of Idaho. As

part of the research, I'm investigating how nearby states have
determined
appropriate ground snow loads. I was hoping you could provide me the
name of
the publication(s) used for determining ground snow loads for the states
of
Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming and where I could obtain or borrow a copy. Do
these states rely soley on information provided by ASCE 7-98? If so,
what
publications are used for design where "case studies" are required?
Thanks
so much.

Kevin M. Thompson