Re: Air Cargo Terminal

I don't have any experience with these facilities, but, on your second
question, I would doubt that buildings are designed for jet backwash.   At
airports, planes are normally towed by a tractor until the plane and its
backwash are clear of buildings.  Years ago they experimented with using
reverse thrusters to back planes from terminals, but, I believe that proved
too dangerous for people working in the area.

Ed Haninger

                    Mahmood Mufti
                    <mam(--nospam--at)cyber.net.      To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
                    pk>
                    10/23/02 09:21       cc:
                    AM
                    Please respond       Subject:     Air Cargo Terminal
                    to seaint

I am planning and designing an air cargo terminal building. Need help
regarding
two aspects. First, what is the relationship between the daily tonnage
of cargo
to be handled and the corresponding floor area required for the
facility?
Second, how to design the building (single story) for the thrust of a
jumbo jet or
an airbus? Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
M.A.Mufti

the views of the company.