RE:

15 psi is the going rate.  It is not in the codes.  George Richards, P. E.
-----Original Message-----
From: vicpeng [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 9:21 AM
To: SEAINT

I obviously haven't looked enough.  Does anyone have an ideas for (allowable) tension across timber fibres (for DFir in this case)?

Don't ask why I want that!  I'm doing a "what if" or "how about" investigation that is taking me out to Mars and back :^)

Thor A Tandy  P.Eng, MIPENZ
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net