RE: Allowable Deflection

Interestingly enough, the UBC has no limitation on the deflection of exterior walls, only for interior walls. So, you can use your own judgment in that regard.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA

Hello all,

I have a quick question...  Where in the UBC is the allowable deflection for exterior walls due to wind?  I have cantilevered TS sections for a parapet/screen wall with a stucco finish.  Is it h/240 for brittle finishes?  Can somebody cite the UBC reference?  TIA.

David Topete, PE

Do you Yahoo!?