Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Allowable Deflection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Allowable Deflection
- From: "Yousefi, Ben" <Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)ci.sj.ca.us>
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:35:05 -0700
Interestingly enough, the UBC has no limitation on the deflection of exterior walls, only for interior walls. So, you can use your own judgment in that regard.Ben Yousefi, SESan Jose, CA
I have a quick question... Where in the UBC is the allowable deflection for exterior walls due to wind? I have cantilevered TS sections for a parapet/screen wall with a stucco finish. Is it h/240 for brittle finishes? Can somebody cite the UBC reference? TIA.
David Topete, PE
Do you Yahoo!?
Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
- Prev by Subject: Allowable Deflection
- Next by Subject: RE: Allowable Deflection
- Previous by thread: Allowable Deflection
- Next by thread: RE: Allowable Deflection