Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Engineers versus detailers Part 1[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Engineers versus detailers Part 1
- From: EphHirsch(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:12:43 EDT
FYI per your request for info gathering: We have always made it a practice to detail all connections including bolting (size & spacing), welds (ditto), gusset plates, base plates, etc. on our structural design drawings. With all due respect to their skills, we have never felt it proper to leave such structural design to the shop drawing detailers. I should add that these are not shop drawings per se, but do give a guide (clear we hope) to what is expected to be laid out on the shop's fabrication drawings.
Ephraim G. Hirsch, SE (S-1200, CA)
- Prev by Subject: Re: Engineers versus detailers Part 1
- Next by Subject: Engineers versus detailers Part 2
- Previous by thread: Re: Engineers versus detailers Part 1
- Next by thread: Engineers versus detailers Part 2