Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 11:48 AM
Subject: Re:

Thor,

        The 1995 handbook page 525 lists specified strengths for fir and hem-fir (0.83 MPa) and for spruce-pine (0.51 MPa).

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson

vicpeng wrote:

I obviously haven't looked enough.  Does anyone have an ideas for (allowable) tension across timber fibres (for DFir in this case)? Don't ask why I want that!  I'm doing a "what if" or "how about" investigation that is taking me out to Mars and back :^) Thor A Tandy  P.Eng, MIPENZ
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net