Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Seminar: Poria Incrassata - The Wood-Eating Fungus on Steroids[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Seminar: Poria Incrassata - The Wood-Eating Fungus on Steroids
- From: SCHFUN(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:37:17 EDT
"Poria Incrassata -
The Wood-Eating Fungus on Steroids"
Forensic Engineering Technical Group, ASCE
Charles Laines, S.E.
Poria Incrassata is a wood-eating fungus that can, in a frighteningly short time, reduce wood structural members to a weak mass of fibers that will not support structural loads. It is the most devastating wood decay fungus that we know of, according to UC Riverside plant pathologists.
Charles Laines has been investigating the cause and effects of this fungus throughout Southern California for several years. His talk will focus on identifying and evaluating the impact of this fungus, how to treat it, and how to prevent its infestation.
November 12, 2002, 6:30 p.m.
Long Beach Marriott
4700 Airport Plaza Drive
Long Beach, CA
Cost: $25 per person, advance payment required
$30 per person at the door
For reservations, call:
Steve Helfrich, 909-389-7316
- Prev by Subject: RE: Seismic Question
- Next by Subject: Seminars for CA Codes Effective 11/1
- Previous by thread: Columns and pedestals
- Next by thread: viaducts2