Re: viaducts2

In a message dated 10/25/2002 11:42:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com writes:

IIRC, there are [at least] two viaducts that are similar to what you describe, one in Hawaii, and another in Colorado

You may be thinking of the Hanging Lake Viaduct in Colorado (I-70 through Glenwood Canyon).  This was designed by Figg Engineering - I've driven it, but I thought it had pile supports,  Figg Engineering might be a good source of information for viaducts in general though.  (www.figgbridge.com)

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.