Re: viaducts2

Gail,

Glenwood Canyon rings a bell --- it may be that.  (I've never driven thru
Colorado, but intend to do so one of these days.  I'll probably stop at every
mountain stream to see if I can find any of those 6-packs of beer that appear
in commercials.)

Thinking a little more about cantilevered viaducts, I think that there is a
true cantilevered viaduct in northwestern Arizona --- I-15 in the Arizona
Strip territory --- that overhangs the Virgin River.  Can any lurker from
ADOT confirm this?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Gail Kelley wrote:

. > You may be thinking of the Hanging Lake Viaduct in Colorado (I-70 through
. > Glenwood Canyon).  This was designed by Figg Engineering - I've driven
. > it, but I thought it had pile supports,  Figg Engineering might be a good
. > source of information for viaducts in general though.
. > (www.figgbridge.com)

. > Gail S. Kelley, P.E.