Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Allowable Deflection

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Please see CBC Table 16A-W for DSA/OSHPD projects in California. It
requires L/240 for exterior wall brittle construction, L/180 for exterior
wall flexible construction and L/480 for veneered walls(City of LA requires
L/500). I usually use the same requirements for most of our projects. UBC
does not have a similar table for wall elements. You may also want to check
the deflection or design load limitation required by manufacturer for
whichever finish material you are going to use.

IBC Table 1604.3 is another reference for deflection limitations.

Julian Chu
Newport Beach, CA

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********