Re: Design of Anchorage to Concrete

Interesting.  According to the TrusJoist web site, their ICBO acceptance is "pending". Why not just use a Strong-Wall? This looks like a PITA.
Chuck Utzman,P.E.

VerneK(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
Scott,
Thanks for your response.  I met with an engineer at Trusjoist the other day and
she was the one that first brought this issue up with me.  I have one question
for you.  Why wasn't the entire assembly TJ shear panel + holdown bolts
tested together (i.e. Simpson Strong-Wall) and included as a whole in your ICBO report? ... rather than have the engineer design the bolts.

Verne