RE: single plate shear connection edge distances

I asked Abe Rokach at AISC about that in July 1996.  He said it is not a
code requirement that you use 1 1/2" but you should use 1 1/2" if you use
the tables since the tables were based on tests using 1 1/2".

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.