Connections of Tension and Compression Members in Trusses

AISC 9th edition Section J1.5 specifies a minimum connection strength of "...not less than 50% of the effective strength of the member...".  I can't find anything similar in the LRFD spec.  Has this been removed?  I can understand how this could be misunderstood and misused and would not argue with anyone wanting to remove it.

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road