Monolithic Concrete Pouring

Can anybody please expound the meaning of "MONOLITHIC" concrete pouring?

We have a mat foundation of a 3-legged communication tower to be concrete poured. We plan to pour concrete on the mat footing first (60 cu.m.) then the pedestals ( 3.5 cu.m./pedestal) only after the footing had set for about 24 hours. But the client's inspector, in order to squeeze the construction schedule, insisted to have the foundation "monolithically" poured (i.e. concrete pouring of the footing and pedestal all at the same time without consideration of the initial setting). We argued that  this is not the standard practice in construction. Are we missing something here?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dennis S. Del Villar
NESIC Philippines, Inc.
Tel Nos: 063-2-891-41-67/87, loc.176
Fax No: 063-2-891-41-61
E-mail : < <mailto:ddelvillar(--nospam--at)nesic.com.ph>>