Re: General Building Code Question

Paul Feather wrote:

. > As a side note, from experience I am not in agreement with the relaxation
. > of the flexural stress limitation.  As an office policy, I am not going to
. > implement this and will continue to maintain the more restrictive
. > requirement.

I have always been perplexed with the flexural concrete tension permitted in
the ACI codes.  Once concrete cracks, no tension can be taken across the
crack, and who can say when the concrete cracks?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona