Re: General Building Code Question

Cliff,

I think the correct answer is "ask your building official".  On a previous project I sat down with the CBO and went through all the major code referenced documents.  They were very comfortable with the 1997 AISC Seismic Provisions including supplement #1 (#2 had not yet been issued at the time) and with the latest AWS D1.1 but they hedged with the latest ACI code.  They said we could use the latest ACI code as long as it did not produce any results that were less stringent than the earlier ACI code.  Technically you are bound by all the referenced documents as listed in the code UNLESS you can get an exception from the Building Official.

Thomas Hunt, S.E
ABS Consulting

Cliff Schwinger <clifford234(--nospam--at)comcast.net>

10/28/2002 08:23 PM
Please respond to seaint