Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASTM Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: ASTM Question
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:19:58 EST
Out of curiosity, does anybody know the definition of the ASTM A, B, C, D, E, F, G classifications for Standards.
The "A" standards appear to all be steel.
"B" seems to be other metals.
"C" is concrete, cement, and similar.
"D" gets confusing - it has wood, asphalt and other stuff
"E" seems to be test methods
"F" seems to be mostly plastic but has other materials
"G" seems to be evaluation methods
I looked on the ASTM web site but couldn't find an answer.
Gail S. Kelley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: ASTM Classifications
- Next by Subject: Re: ASTM Question
- Previous by thread: Re: Swimming Pool job
- Next by thread: Re: ASTM Question