ASTM Question

Gail,

>From ASTM annual index (volume 00.01):

A     Ferrous Metals
B     Nonferrous Metals
C     Cementitious, Ceramic, Concrete and Masonry materials
D     Miscellaneous Materials
E     Miscellaneous Subjects
F     Materials for Specific Applications
G     Corrosion, Deterioration, and Degradation of Materials
ES    Emergency Standards
P     Proposals
PS    Provisional Standards

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Gail Kelley wrote:

. > Out of curiosity,  does anybody know the definition of the ASTM A, B, C,
. > D, E, F, G classifications for Standards.

. > The "A" standards appear to all be steel.
. > "B" seems to be other metals.
. > "C" is concrete, cement, and similar.
. > "D" gets confusing - it has wood, asphalt and other stuff
. > "E"  seems to be test methods
. > "F"  seems to be mostly plastic but has other materials
. > "G"  seems to be evaluation methods

. > I looked on the ASTM web site but couldn't find an answer.

. > Gail S. Kelley, P.E.