Re: Printing General Notes to a Plotter

I have an HP Designjet 450C plotter and have no problem, printing from word or excel. Just select the printer (plotter), then select property and activate the ZoomSmart option then you can select "fix this size" option. Hummm, first you must select portrait or landscape, and no problem. Maybe you have an older version of the plotter's software, I would suggest visit Hp web site to download the recent ones.

Milton Veloz
----- Original Message -----
To: Seaint
Sent: Miércoles, 30 de Octubre de 2002 05:32 p.m.
Subject: Printing General Notes to a Plotter

We have our General Structural Notes nicely laid out in Word so that we can customize them for each project.  Trouble is, we have not found a way to satisfactorily print them on 24x36 sheets using our HP Designjet plotter.  I say "satisfactorily" because Word thinks the biggest paper made is 22x22--so we can fill up about 60% of a 24x36 sheet, with some adjustments to margins, paper orientation, etc.

Importing the text to AutoCAD is an extra step, and we lose all the formatting--indents, bold, etc.

Has anyone out there discovered a way to print to a full 24x36 sheet with their word-processing software?  We would even buy something besides Word if it would work (although Corel's WordPerfect 9 has a similar paper size limitation, so I am not too hopeful).

TIA,

Thor