From: Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: General Building Code Question
Jake,
FYI, ACI 318-02 has been adopted by the 2003 IBC...at least that is what I
understand. I don't know what "tweaks" they may or may not have done, but
they shold be rather few.
Regarding, the changed load factors and the unified design...using them
with ACI 318-99 is not in violation of that code. Those provisions ARE in
the 1999 ACI 318 (and the 1995 ACI 318 as well), but are just contained in
Appendix B and C. Thus, unless the model building code that references
ACI 318 strictly states an exception for the use of the Appendicies, then
you are certainly permitted to use those provisions.