RE: Printing General Notes to a Plotter

We've recently converted our general notes to a separate document for each section.  Each document is exactly one 22" long page (use hard returns at end to get to the end) Then we embed each document as an OLE link in paperspace.  It works... usually.

Peter
-----Original Message-----
From: Thor Matteson at RSE [mailto:rse(--nospam--at)sierratel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 12:33 PM
To: Seaint
Subject: Printing General Notes to a Plotter

We have our General Structural Notes nicely laid out in Word so that we can customize them for each project.  Trouble is, we have not found a way to satisfactorily print them on 24x36 sheets using our HP Designjet plotter.  I say "satisfactorily" because Word thinks the biggest paper made is 22x22--so we can fill up about 60% of a 24x36 sheet, with some adjustments to margins, paper orientation, etc.

Importing the text to AutoCAD is an extra step, and we lose all the formatting--indents, bold, etc.

Has anyone out there discovered a way to print to a full 24x36 sheet with their word-processing software?  We would even buy something besides Word if it would work (although Corel's WordPerfect 9 has a similar paper size limitation, so I am not too hopeful).

TIA,

Thor