Re: Printing General Notes to a Plotter

I played with this for a while and decided it wasn't worth the time.  I spent too many man hours trying to tweak what, . . . . a drawing with notes.  I decided I wasn't entering art contests and if I could clearly print the text in AutoCAD that was all that was necessary.

Now, saying that, I do like my notes to look nice.  What I finally settled on was to make my notes in Word all formatted ( fairly simple with indents, bolds and underlines) and cut and paste into multiline text editor.  If you use the same font style for your text AutoCAD will copy a lot of the formatting.  It saved me from retyping into AutoCAD and it looks presentable.  The only problem that frustrates me is that the editing screen doesn't match the final AutoCAD format.  Like indenting, if I indent so many spaces in the multiline editor it doesn't match what is done on the CAD drawing.  The work around is to use mono-spaced fonts, but they don't look as nice.  The other frustrating issue is if the text block gets too large it can slow down your machine to edit or move the text.  I usually break it down into sections matching the spec divisions.

Rich