Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
concrete column tie configuration[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: concrete column tie configuration
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:51:50 -0500
I have a 12 vertical bar column (4 bars each face) that I need to wrap ties around. I am looking at page 35 of ACI 315-99 and would like to know if I am allowed to use one full loop (around the four outside corners) with individual diagonal 2-bar ties to tie each of the second bars from the corner. (The middle bars on each face would not be tied, but I know that this is OK if my maximum spacing is 6".) These 2-bar ties would be like the two bar ties shown on many of the other details - with one side having a 90 degree hook and the other having a 135 degree hook and alternating the ends, but the only difference would be that they would be diagonal instead of completely across the column. I would be happy to e-mail (or fax) an autocad detail of what I am trying to describe if anyone is interested. If it matters, the project is in MD - no high seismic issues.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: Re: Compression Rings - Reference recommendations
- Next by Subject: Concrete Crane Beam for 40ton Container Crane
- Previous by thread: Need Work
- Next by thread: large diameter pipe splice design