From: Thor Matteson at RSE [mailto:rse(--nospam--at)sierratel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 9:33 AM
To: Seaint
Subject: Printing General Notes to a Plotter

We have our General Structural Notes nicely laid out in Word so that we can customize them for each project.  Trouble is, we have not found a way to satisfactorily print them on 24x36 sheets using our HP Designjet plotter.  I say "satisfactorily" because Word thinks the biggest paper made is 22x22--so we can fill up about 60% of a 24x36 sheet, with some adjustments to margins, paper orientation, etc.

Importing the text to AutoCAD is an extra step, and we lose all the formatting--indents, bold, etc.

Has anyone out there discovered a way to print to a full 24x36 sheet with their word-processing software?  We would even buy something besides Word if it would work (although Corel's WordPerfect 9 has a similar paper size limitation, so I am not too hopeful).

TIA,

Thor