From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:37 AM
To: Seaint
Subject: large diameter pipe splice design

I need to design some large diameter (12" to 30") pipe splices - with bolted end plates.  The joints will be subjected to both bending and tensile loads.  Can anyone direct me to some design examples?  I have the HSS manual, but they do not have much beyond pure tension splices.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates