Comparison of the behavior of a conventional steel system with a more contemporary composite system including the use of "super columns"

I am on my Senior Design Project with a couple of other classmates at Cal Poly Pomona. We are developing an appropriate structural system for a 100-story building we are proposing for the Los Angeles area and comparing the behavior of a conventional steel system with a more contemporary composite system including the use of super columns. The intended building height is roughly 1200 feet; therefore, a concrete building system is not considered. Do anyone know of any references or maybe anyone I may speak with to get additional information on the use of these super columns?

I am not certain if that is the official name for these composite columns but I read of their uses in a few buildings designed by Skilling Ward Mangusson Berkshire of Seattle. For example, they used eight, 7.5-foot diameter pipe columns filled with 19 ksi concrete at the core of the 44-story Pacific First Center. Another use was in their design of the 62-story Gateway Tower which used 9 foot diameter pipes which were then tied together with 10-story high X-braces.

Since this is an undergraduate project, we have been advised to avoid it becoming a nonlinear problem and to keep it relatively "approachable." We are going to be using ETABS version 8 and will also have SAP2000 available as well.

Any suggestions on modeling of the composite members or any other aspect of my project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Alex Candelaria, EIT