Re: Resonance reply to ChrisW

I used staad to run the modal analysis. The first mode has up and down motion, and the second mode is like a twisting motion from side to side. I have 80% participation factor in the vertical direction for mode 1 and 86% vertical & 16% lateral for mode 2.
Follow up question: Do you disregard the frequencies with low participation factors? How does low mass participation affects resonance?
Again, thanks a lot to everyone for all the input!

Rainier Catubig
San Diego, California