ACI 318 11.4.2.2 - Defintion of Vp in Eq. 11-12 (Prestressed Concrete Design for Shear)

This is not clear to me at all, nor can I find any design examples that
directly address it. It seems to require that at each section you are
investigating, you compute the slope of the tendon, and then get the
vertical component of the prestress force (adjusted for losses).

But this is NOT a trivial thing to compute, especially when you have a
complex tendon profile.

Am I missing something here?

Anyone who can comment, please feel free.