Re: Post-Installed Anchors

Roger,

ICBO ES has not adopted an acceptance criteria (test method) for fatigue and shock loading yet, so they will not issue an ICBO Report allowing this application.  This is not to say that there are no products suitable for this application.  Adhesive and undercut anchors are your best bet for this type of loading.  We have supplied both of these types of anchors for this application.  I would think that you would want to stay away from most friction anchors, however.  Our epoxy adhesive has been used many times to replace wedge anchors that have slipped out of their holes.

Howard Silverman, PE
www.covertoperationsinc.com