Re: Scanning for reinforcing

You might check this address.  I'm sure some firms with this equipment might be close to your area.
I know of one in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Detmer R. "Abe" Knapp, P.E.
Wyoming

>>> wbeckingham(--nospam--at)stroudpence.com 11/08/02 10:31AM >>>
I have a project in which the floor system is cast gypsum slurry reinforced
with draped wire stands supported by a steel beam grid.  The wire strands
are 2 twisted No. 12 wires at some spacing (1" to 3" on-center).  The slabs
have been exposed to water from a leaking roof.  I know that many of the
wire stands in the water damaged areas have significantly rusted.

I am looking for advise on a non-destructive and economical testing method
that will help determine the extent of damage.  I am looking for rusted wire
strands.  Does anyone have information of a testing method that will
accurately determine area of steel (or diameter) for small wires at a tight
spacing?  Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne Beckingham, P.E.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org