Practicing Engineering in NY

I have heard that in order for a company to practice engineering in the State of NY, that all owners of the company must be registered professional engineers.  I believe that there is even something in the law that says that all "shareholders" must be registered professional engineers.  This seems to be a bit restrictive.  Can anyone confirm that this is the case.  I would also be curious to know if any other states have this requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates