RE: Stainless Steel Nuts

Nels,

Galling will be a problem.  I don't have much experience in this area, but
the Acme threads could be helpful buy giving you more uniform bearing.  You
may want to consider a harder stainless.  Look at the ASTM A193 series.
There is a wide selection.

For lubrication, use any of the graphite lubricants in an alcohol vehicle.
Neolube from Huron Industries is widely used as a stainless steel lubricant.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague