Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Stainless Steel Nuts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Stainless Steel Nuts
- From: "Nels Roselund, SE" <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net>
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:49:09 -0800
I want to detail a connection that will use a calibrated jack to pull a stainless steel threaded rod to a predetermined tension, and then transfer that tension to a nut by tightening the nut until the jack load goes to zero.
Will galling of the threads be a problem? Will use of Acme threads help? Is there a lubricant that will minimize the probability of galling? The structure will be of 316L. Is there another stainless steel that would be better for the rods and nuts of this particular detail in order to minimize galling?
South San Gabriel, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Stainless Steel Nuts
- Next by Subject: RE: Stainless Steel Nuts
- Previous by thread: Re: Stainless Steel Nuts
- Next by thread: RE: Stainless Steel Nuts