RE: Shear Friction

	David,
		If you are trying to justify something in place, given the
excess capacity, I think that partial development would be acceptable.
		If your condition is not built yet, can there be more,
smaller bars that would not take as much length to develop. Or can you use
weldable (A 706 or A 615 W) rebar and put a head on the end, or the headed
shear assemblies for punching at a column?
		I have run into engineers that do not believe in shear
friction, though. Discuss it with your project team.
	James L. Getaz, III, P.E.
	Winchester, Virginia