Re:Unusual Code requirements

>>>> Stan Scholl wrote:
This reminds me of a recent requirement to install fire sprinklers in a
freezer. I later taked the plan checker out of this on the basis that the
sprinkler lines would freeze. <<<<<<<<<

You can install a dry system (pipes normally contain air under pressure that
escapes when a sprinkler opens allowing water to be admitted automatically
by the operation of a dry pipe valve) or a preaction system (heat sensors
release a preaction valve, filling the piping with water and setting off an
alarm that may give time to manually extinguish the fire).  Lack of
sprinklers can be a big deal in getting insurance.

Chris Deneff