Re: General Structural Notes

The term "life safety" apparently is being misconstrued here. What I was referring to was, life safety of the completed product, not during construction, which is what OSHA and other entities deal with. As far as building code is concerned, any structural item, fire resistive construction, or egress requirements is considered "life safety".
I understand the difference; I think most  engineers.  I thought the issue was worth pointing out though.  I did a Unbonded Post-tensioning Section for the AIA Masterspec system.  In doing so I reviewed about a dozen specs (all used by practicing and fairly well-known engineering companies).  I think almost every one had the statement:

"Nobody shall stand behind the jack during stressing"

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.