Re: Bearing on Tube Steel

Look at "Hollow Structural Sections, Commection Manual", the black color manual for HSS.

 Aaron Moore <ae1188(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:

I have a point load of 25 kips bearing on a TS10x10x3/8 beam. Would someone
be so kind to pass on a formula and/or design criteria to size a bearing pad
to avoid local failure?

TIA
A.M.

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp