Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Standard Gages

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
A colleague just asked me a question for which I had no answer. Is there any
sort of officially adopted US reference standard that defines gage thickness
for sheet metal? There is a table in the back of the AISC steel manual that
provides conversions, and lots of other tables in reference books, but I
could not find an ASTM, ISO or any other "official" document on the Internet
that sets a standard for gage thickness. There was once a federal
specification GG-G-86C dealing with this but it was canceled in 1996 and as
far as I know never replaced. 

Jim Lutz, P.E., S.E.
Earth Tech, Inc.

10800 NE 8th Street - 7th Floor
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425) 455-9494
(425) 453-9470 FAX

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********